what are hair dressing apprenticeships and how can apprentices work for your salon?
One of the most effective and successful ways to train and develop highly skilled staff for your salon are Apprenticeships. Both new and the existing employees can be trained using this Apprenticeship programme.
The Hairdressing Professionals courses includes the following:
Level 2 NVQ Diploma or Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing .
English and maths in a Hairdressing context
What Skills A Dare Apprentice Develop?
During the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing, the DARE Apprentice will be trained in the following fields:
- Give customers a good impression of your organization
- Reception Duties
- Appointment making
- Preparation of clients
- Shampoo & conditioning
- Hairdressing techniques
- Styling techniques
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
During the NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing, the DARE Apprentice will be trained in the following fields:
- Monitor procedures to control work operation
- Promote additional services to customers
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Cut hair with a combination of techniques
- Haircolouring using different styles
- Provide colour correction services
- Dress hair with creative styles
- Dress long hair creatively
Moreover, the Apprentices will be able to develop the skills such as self-management, relationship-building with clients, managing the workplace, and techniques which will support their self-directed learning.
DARE Programme Overview
Each level of the Apprenticeship programme is of 24 months duration, during which the Apprentice must be employed for at least 30 hours a week. Within the 30 hours of employment, Apprentices have to attend the academy one day a week for training and assessment.
Why Choose Dare?
DARE have introduced an innovative and cost-effective way for you to recruit and train your hairdressing staff.
The DARE has several advantages over other hairdressing training organisations:
- Highly professional and industry relevant staff trained to the highest standards.
- The course duration is 24 months to complete each Level within your Apprenticeship programme.
- We offer enrolment on to our programme throughout the year and we provide training on the day that best suits your need.
- The DARE has its own training salon to teach the hairdressing practical skills using highly qualified and experienced trainers.
- Most assessments are carried out in our salon, minimizing the disruption to your salon operations.
- We can train your existing staff or provide you with pre-screened Apprentices for you to select.
- We provide Apprentices with employability skills so that they are capable of operating effectively and efficiently in a commercial salon such as customer service, punctuality, customer-relationship, and salon product retailing.
- The DARE provides mentors for all their Apprentices.
- Our Apprenticeship Mentors will regularly visit to check that you are100% satisfied and upto date with your Apprentices' progress and achievements.
How Much Will It Cost?
The good news is that all the training is paid. Although all trainees will receive the minimum Apprenticeship wage, which is the current UK minimum wage.
Employer Incentive (AGE 16 to 24)
Apprenticeship Grant for Employers of 16 to 24 year olds (AGE 16 to 24).
AGE 16 to 24 has already helped thousands of employers to grow their business by employing an apprentice. The 16 to 24 AGE Grant is available, subject to eligibility.
The AGE 16 to 24 Grant for Employers aims to support businesses, who would not otherwise be in a position to do so, to recruit individuals aged 16 to 24 into employment though the Apprenticeship programme.
The National Apprenticeship Service will provide AGE 16 to 24 to eligible employers, in respect of qualifying apprentices, with an individual value of £1,000. Employers can be paid ten grants in total during the lifetime of the initiative.
AGE 16 to 24 targets employers with less than 1000 employees, who are new to Apprenticeships or haven’t enrolled a new recruit or existing employee onto an Apprenticeship programme in the previous 12 months.
To get the AGE 16-24 grant, an employer will need to sign an agreement which includes:
- Confirmation of the number of apprentices or trainees, the employer will be taking on the grant (up to 5).
- Confirmation that the employer would not have taken the apprentice on without this additional grant.
- A confirmation to employ the apprentice for minimum of 12 months period.
- An Agreement to pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
- Confirmation that the employer has not taken on an apprentice within the last twelve months whether through a new recruitment or through the transfer of an existing employee onto an Apprenticeship programme.
For the further information about this grant, please contact your Employer Engagement Manager on 01992807861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How Will It Benefit My Business?
- In a business, Apprentices assists and support their superiors in their job, in order to make a contribution to a business.
- Apprentices are trained in the house style preferred by their employers throughout the training period. By this employers get a ready-made professional at the end of the Apprenticeship who is capable to make a valuable and immediate contribution to the business.
- An employer can improve his/her competitiveness and meet clients’ demands: Apprenticeships can give your staff such skills and techniques that will help your business to lead the competition and offer clients the demanded products or services.
- Increase productivity: Apprentices contribute to the business from the very first day. As they gain experience, Apprentices can apply what they have learned to the workplace environment.
- Staff motivation: Existing staff can also take an Apprenticeship, rewarding them for the work they have done. By this, they get motivated to move to the next level. At the same time it, also ensures their further training will meet the highest industrystandards. The staff will contribute positively to the business when they feel more valued and respected.
- Recruitment: Recruitment really costs a lot to a business in terms of time and resources. Apprenticeships give the employer a direct access to the well trained and well motivated young people in your business.